I provide on-line and in-person (near Seattle) writing instruction. There are several pre-built and ready to go courses, listed below, and I am happy to provide longer-term workshops or courses as needed. On-line instruction is accomplished through Zoom, secured for the students privacy and safety, along with downloadable worksheets. I have taught with various organizations including the Bureau of Fearless Ideas, the Museum of Popular Culture, and Clarion West, and am happy to provide references upon request. I have experience working with students with all levels of ability and challenges, including learning and writing challenges, as well as students from a lot of different backgrounds and/or students with English as a second language. If you are interested in any of these courses, please fill out my contact form!
Home School/Isolation Courses
- The Building Blocks of Mystery
- Science vs. Magic: Sci-fi and Fantasy Writing
- Re-envisioning your Writing: Tools for Revision
- Inspired by a True Story: Creative Nonfiction
- Beautiful Language: Poetry
- Life’s a Stage: Play and screenwriting
- Pitch Me: Persuasive Essays
- College Admissions Essays
I am a life-time member of Girl Scouts and a Gold Award recipient myself. I love working with scouts on the writing badges and all of them can be accomplished online.
- My Family Story for Brownies
- Scribe for Juniors
- Digital Photographer for Juniors
- Screenwriter for Cadettes
- Book Artist for Cadettes
- Digital Movie Maker for Cadettes
- Comic Artist for Cadettes
- Novelist for Seniors
- Collage Artist for Seniors
- Our Door Artist for Ambassadors
- Photographer for Ambassadors
My Girl Scout troop was dual-registered as a Venture Crew and we attended many Boy Scout camporees and I even worked at Fire Mountain Boy Scout Camp. I have a plan to be able to assist the earning of both of these badges online.
- The Writer in You
- Some parts of the Theater curriculum
Other Scouting Groups
For any other various scouting groups, I am happy to construct badge/content workshops around your particular requirements.
The cost of courses varies widely depending on which topic is chosen and how large the group is that I will be instructing. Badge workshops have a minimum of $10 a person to cover the cost of the badge shipped to the scout after completion of the workshop. Home-schooling can be billed as either individual registration, or group registration, with group registration usually being the better cost. All cost and content of the course is negotiable, and I am happy to tailor content depending on any learning issues and/or content requests. Scholarships are also available for students, especially in this time of drastic layoffs and isolation.